Susan Cardwell is a vocal advocate for children, adolescents, families, and veterans through implementing Cognitive Therapy and through skills training with local agencies. Susan also volunteers for GiveAnHour to provide free counseling for Veterans and dependents, survivors of gun violence, and survivors of natural disasters.
My commitment is to work with you to identify your core belief and the thoughts your have that keep feeding that belief. You get to decide if you want to continue thinking that way or not. As a Certified Cognitive Behavior Therapist I'm trained to collaborate with you to teach you skills that could help you change the thoughts that maintain depression or anxiety resulting in behaviors that interfere with how you want to live your life. We explore situations that trigger you’re negative automatic thoughts and work together to modify those thoughts. You'll learn to rate your mood, and you'll learn skills to use over a life time to live a more fulfilling life.
I was trained in Cognitive Therapy Courses in Graduate School in addition to meeting rigorous certification requirements of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and ongoing training at the Beck Institute in Philadelphia. For example, in 2016, I was fortunate to participate in the Schizophrenia Recovery Model of Cognitive Therapy Workshop. December 2019, I was able to attend Dr. Norman Cotterell's workshop at the Beck Institute using CBT with Couples.
SJCardwell Counseling & Consulting PLLC is privately owned. When you decide that you want me to join you on your journey you will be backed by the highest level of training and professional expertise. Call 940-691-1267 to make an appointment or for more information about Consulting Services.
Susan J Cardwell, M.A., LPC TX Lic #19099
Susan J Cardwell, M.A., LPC
4245 Kemp Blvd, Suite 315
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
CARDWELL COUNSELING TELEHEALTH & Face 2 Face
Watch here for updates! Updated 1/10/2020
- We’re starting the New Year with hope for the vaccine! Please check the links on the COVID-19 Resources tab for further info.
- I continue to work from home as Wichita County reaches an average of 150 new cases a day and the hospital is at capacity. I’ve learned a lot about Telehealth counseling over the past year and how hard clients work to resolve and recover from depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mental health or relationship barriers.
- We’re still on the path of Telehealth Only as Wichita County experiences it’s highest weekly COVID19 numbers at 643 of our friends, neighbors, co-workers, hospital staff, food service providers, and family members become infected. IF YOU ARE TESTED, YOU MUST QUARANTINE UNTIL YOU GET YOUR RESULTS. If you test positive YOU MUST QUARANTINE AWAY FROM FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT INFECTED. YOU MUST NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME IF YOU TEST POSITIVE. Click on the link below for information.
- CDC GUIDELINES -11/4/2020
- 10/4/2020- Unfortunately, due to the explosion of COVID19 positive cases and additional deaths in Wichita County, CardwellCounseling will NOT return to Face-to-Face counseling. The CDC & WHO are very clear about how to reduce the risk of COVID19 infection which spreads through respiratory droplets (breathing, coughing, sneezing, singing, yelling) and those droplets lingering in the air for at least 3 hours and for as long as 6-8 hours. The CDC also states that 40-45% of infections occur without symptoms and people spread COVID without knowing. WEARING A MASK IS THE MOST SIMPLE WAY TO STOP THE SPREAD. Many people who work in the office building do not wear masks creating an unsafe environment, and I am unwilling to put myself or clients at risk in the elevators, restrooms, or hallways. Therefore, CardwellCounseling will return to Telehealth ONLY until New Daily cases are at 25 or below for two consecutive weeks. As always I appreciate your patience and understanding. Everyone scheduled for F2F will be contacted prior to their appointment. *****New clients will be accepted for Telehealth services and with a transition to F2F when the above criteria is met. Please click on the COVID19 tab for additional information about safety, data, and self care during the pandemic.
- 10/1/2020 Face2Face Counseling is now offered Tuesday/Thursday and Telehealth services will continue to meet client needs there rest of the week. Saturday hours are reserved for emergencies and the last appointment of the day will be made at 5:30 unless an emergency. As you can imagine that leaves very few appointments available after school and business hours. Please be mindful of others and attend your scheduled appointment whether virtual or F2F. Per the Intake Paperwork (counseling contract) if you miss two consecutive session without a reasonable explanation, you will be terminated from services.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE OFFICE SUITE.
- ONLY ONE PERSON MAY ACCOMPANY THE CLIENT.
- I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY F2F SERVICE FOR THE SESSION IF YOU PRESENT WITH FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS, TRAVEL TO A HOT SPOT, HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID19, OR ATTEND SCHOOL/EMPLOYMENT THAT HAS RECENTLY ANNOUNCED COVID19 POSITIVE CASES.
- Telehealth Services ONLY will be available until further notice. Please click on the new link on the right - CoronaVirus Myths V Facts. I'm unwilling to put myself or clients at risk for contagion when people in the office building and/or clients refuse to wear masks or social distance. To date locals have a 24 hr to 11 day wait time for COVID19 test results with 464 cases.
- New clients are not accepted at this time in order for current client needs to be met.
- Telehealth services will be offered for the weeks of June 29th and July 6th. Safety needs will be reassessed at that time.
- Not everyone’s insurance policy provides Telehealth benefits after COVID19 pandemic benefits expire. Please check your policy to be sure or you may be held responsible for fees above your co-pay. I am unable to check everyone’s benefits in a timely manner.
- With Wichita County COVID19 count at 201 with the recent surge in positive cases, I’ve decided to return to TELEHEALTH only beginning today 6/22/2020 Through 7/3/2020 at which time the situation will be reassessed.